10.23.2011

Mending and Bending

Life isn't about cutting ties left and right. I can honestly say that at the end of the day I want to burn bridges, knock them down, and tip them over. You can't do that though, I learned so much this weekend that I am gushing to explain. I want to understand everyone always, I need to know how everyone is feeling, and it doesn't always happen like that. Life never turns out how you plan.

If I had planned this past weekend it would have gone something like this: spend Friday night working, hanging out. Saturday with my girlfriend working on our relationshit, yes I meant shit. Sunday preparing for the week. My life would have been a sequence of events happening like a domino effect, quick and fast like any good weekend should.

This is how my weekend actually went: Thursday night good old TSwift had another girlfriend fail of the week, packing up and deciding to leave and breaking another promise to me. I made a drastically vast decision to yell at her down the dorm hallway in front of several people and march out soapbox in hand. I was thinking that she wasn't going to be allowed to hurt me again, and before anyone jumps to a conclusion about that statement understand I was trying to protect myself, after a shitty birthday I didn't want to cry. I regret yelling yes but I know that protecting myself was a necessary and I saved myself a weekend heartache.

After I left on my soap box I tried to be okay, clearly I wasn't instead I was bawling my eyes out wondering if she would just leave me alone finally. Panic set in, I realized I shouldn't have burnt the bridge I did and I made the call. An hour and fifteen minutes later I was crying and hugging TSwift ready to put my soap box away. Friday was a blur, so was Saturday and Sunday days were filled with talks, and thinking. Time spent mostly together working things out little by little.

In my own words: I didn't plan for the weekend to happen like this. I did not ask TSwift to come back with me, I didn't even expect her to want to. There are many people who look at us and wonder why are we together, honestly I don't know. We are completely different, we fight constantly, she challenges my patience, and I challenge her sanity but we love each other more then anything either of us have ever known, and we know it isn't over. I hope everyone starts to see it this way too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks For Sharing :)