8.31.2011

The Unmentioned

So there is this girl, a wonderful girl who entered my life less then a year ago. She is different, not half as perfect as perceived but just as great to me. She has a life in the spot light that has never quite allowed me to sincerely blog about her. Today during one of our most honest conversations we have ever had though she told me to do it, write about it and her.

I have always called her my Kate Middleton, more informally Kate call it an inside joke between the two of us. We met in a bad situation that has since resolved itself but created a newer bigger issue. Kate has had my back through a lot and I pride myself by calling her my realest friend. The one that gives it to me straight; no bullshit, nothing held back, in your face let's deal with it. Back to the issue though; it's messy.

I can't say that I don't deserve some of this karma coming because I would be a liar if I denied it, but through this hard time Kate has proven me wrong on several occasions especially today. No one has picked me the way she has, don't take this in a romantic way but today she did and said she wouldn't drop me the way that has been so easy in the past for so many others.

Frankly it's pretty sticky, an old friend and an ex-friend at that is now friends with her as well. She however isn't as classy as most and is one of those people who opts to storm off and make a scene rather then just be civil, coexist, suck it up, and for christ sake act like oh I don't know an adult. However Kate is stuck in the middle, I feel bad for her sincerely and I hope she doesn't get tired of the juggling but none the less said she can handle it and that our friendship is worth it.

Maybe it's me growing up, maybe it's just lessons learned, maybe I am just figuring it out but in the shadow of a terrible day and last years horrible memories I can honestly say she was a gift to me. Probably the only good thing that amounted from the disaster I turned my life into last year, yeah that's a fact. So my unmentioned is Kate she is a great friend, I really hope this turns into a permanent friendship because I think this time I am choosing right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks For Sharing :)